Commercial PV Solar Foreman (Roseville)
A mechanically minded individual hired to work onsite supervising and installing commercial, agricultural and light commercial grid-tied photo-voltaic PV) systems. Manage and direct on-site field personnel to achieve completion of the project with the highest level of safety, quality, and efficiency and in conformity to the original plans and specifications. Responsible for daily operational planning, management and implementation of project installation and project crews. The key success measure is the ability to manage in a diverse environment with the focus on professional customer service and operational excellence.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1) Provide direction, management & supervision of all field activities, field crew, & subcontractors
2) Weekly timecard management, approval & submittal
3) Submittal of weekly “Daily Reports”
4) Understanding, accurate interpretation & implementation of project plans/drawings
5) Manage the installation crew to ensure quality of work, scope of work, safety and most importantly maintain the construction schedule/deadlines
6) Create, manage & release accurate bill of materials in a timely fashion
7) Adaptable to a constantly changing environment
8) Insure projects are completed on schedule and to the satisfaction of the client, building department and sales team
9) Insure all safety and company procedures are followed/maintained
10) Ensure project is code compliant and facilitate all job site inspections with the applicable building department
11) Must effectively work with and communicate with management, sales team, vendors/suppliers, contractors, inspectors and especially the client.
12) Manage/monitor onsite tool inventory, security, maintenance, safety & timely requests/returns
13) Help develop and maintain innovative key field operation processes
14) Manages own work and can direct the work of others.
15) Act in a collaborative capacity with management team to resolve problems/issues quickly. Attendance of weekly foreman meeting is mandatory.
1) Must have a clean driving record
2) Advanced Education a plus but not required (high school diploma is required)
3) Minimum 5 years’ experience as a working Foreman in various construction trades or 3 years in the electrical trade
4) Management experience of large scale commercial job sites
5) Electrical Experience (required)
6) Solar Construction Experience (preferred)
7) Long distance & overnight travel (required)
Desired Competencies & Certifications:
1) NABCEP Certification (preferred)
2) Journeyman Certification (preferred)
3) OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour Certification (preferred)
4) Assertive & Committed
5) Timely, Responsible & Reliable
6) Detail Oriented & Organized
7) Motivated & Dedicated to get the “job done”
Compensation: Competitive hourly wages with Benefits
Employment type: Full-time
Submit Your Resume for Consideration:
SUNworks is quickly growing as one of the premier solar companies throughout California. With over 30 years in the electrical industry we are continuously looking for hard working, qualified individuals with a strong work ethic and a passion for renewable energy.
As an industry leader we understand a core group of dedicated, passionate employees is vital to the success and growth of SUNworks. We are looking for individuals who take the approach of being the best at what they do. All our employees share SUNWorks’ vision and core values of delivering Quality, Performance, and Customer Service to each customer day.
If you are interested in creating a bright future within the solar industry please submit your resume below. We look forward to building a more sustainable future with you!