Sunworks is seeking a qualified Agriculture and Commercial Solar PV Sales Rep in the CA central valley.
This position is responsible for mining leads, cold calling and following up on new customer sales opportunities. Working with Sales and Marketing staff to develop methods and procedures supporting increased sales and margin targets. Actively pursuing opportunities in the Agriculture and Commercial sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop management reports concerning order processing activities, market trends, performance measurements related to sales and position targets.
- Active cold calling on prospects and leads
- Collect 12 months electrical usage data
- Coordinate site surveys with customers
- Coordinate proposal presentations with potential customers
- Contract management of individual’s own customers in addition to delegated account
- Develop and maintain client relationships and manage ongoing support requirements with existing accounts
- Develop an understanding of Sunworks products and research the markets and channels in which they are sold.
- Develop and maintaining long term business relationships
- Represent Sunworks at trade show and various networking functions when needed
- Review items, quantities, price promotions, handling fees, other allowances and charges, and assist in resolving outstanding billing issues
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience related to Agriculture and Commercial sales in the Solar PV Industry.
Preferred B to B sales experience. A successful candidate would have experience turning prospects into leads, and leads into customers. Cold calling and the ability cultivate a relationship from the point of initial contact.
Knowledge and Skills
Must possess the general knowledge of; agriculture and commercial solar pv, the industry specific and today’s solar economics . Must be able to function in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint.
Candidates can expect to travel 50% or less. Travel would consist of but not limited to; customer visits, trade shows, training events, visits to other SUNworks facilities, and offsite internal meetings.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position is an office and travel oriented position requiring extensive time on the telephone with customers, email correspondence, traveling to visit with customers and prospecting for leads.
Position has potential to earn over six figure income.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location: US-Roseville CA US Corporate Office
Other Locations: US-Rancho Cucamonga Facility
Work Locations: Roseville CA US Corporate Office 1010 Winding Creek Road- Suite100 Roseville CA
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Submit Your Resume for Consideration:
SUNworks is quickly growing as one of the premier solar companies throughout California. With over 30 years in the electrical industry we are continuously looking for hard working, qualified individuals with a strong work ethic and a passion for renewable energy.
As an industry leader we understand a core group of dedicated, passionate employees is vital to the success and growth of SUNworks. We are looking for individuals who take the approach of being the best at what they do. All our employees share SUNWorks’ vision and core values of delivering Quality, Performance, and Customer Service to each customer day.
If you are interested in creating a bright future within the solar industry please submit your resume below. We look forward to building a more sustainable future with you!