- The Sun & Solar Array: The sun provides free energy every day. Solar panels convert sunshine into electricity.
- The Inverter: The inverter converts the direct current (DC) power from the solar panels into alternate current (AC) power for your property.
- The Meter: With net metering, energy you don’t use goes to the grid, spinning your meter backwards.
- The Utility Grid: Excess/unused electricity is then sent back to the grid (utility company). You sell your power to the utility company during peak time and receive credits back at night. See “Net Metering” below.
* Not all systems achieve 100% energy bill reduction.